Trump announces Israel's agreement to a 60-day ceasefire in Gaza
Latest News

Trump announces Israel's agreement to a 60-day ceasefire in Gaza

SadaNews - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that Israel has agreed to "the necessary conditions to complete" a 60-day ceasefire in Gaza, during which efforts will be made to end the war.

Trump revealed that representatives from his office had a long and constructive meeting with the Israelis on Tuesday regarding Gaza.

He added in a social media post that the Qataris and Egyptians, who have worked hard for peace, will present this final proposal.

Read also: "SadaNews" obtains Hamas's response.. Hebrew channel reveals details of Qatar's amendments to the proposal by Witkoff

He expressed hope that Hamas would accept this agreement, "because the situation will not improve; it will only get worse," as he put it.

For its part, CNN reported that U.S. administration officials stated that Hamas still needs to agree to the ceasefire deal in Gaza.

Tel Aviv estimates that there are 50 Israeli captives in Gaza, 20 of whom are alive, while more than 10,400 Palestinians suffering from torture, starvation, and medical neglect are imprisoned, leading to the deaths of many, according to Palestinian and Israeli human rights and media reports.

Israeli broadcasting authority quoted sources familiar with the indirect negotiations between Israel and Hamas without naming them, stating that there is a strong possibility of reaching a deal, but there are still disagreements between the two sides.

The sources added that among the main disagreements are the conditions for ending the war and the extent of the Israeli army's withdrawal from Gaza.

Earlier on Tuesday, Trump said, "I will be tough with (Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu regarding ending the Gaza war, and I believe we will reach an agreement to end the war next week."

Netanyahu also announced earlier that he would be heading to Washington next week to meet with senior officials, including President Donald Trump.

On the other hand, Axios reported from an Israeli official that if there is no move toward a deal, we will have no other option and everything in Gaza will turn to ashes.

The Israeli official clarified that if there is no move toward a deal, we will do in Gaza City and the refugee camps in the central region what we did in Rafah, as he put it.

Axios stated that Israeli Strategic Affairs Minister Ron Dermer informed U.S. Middle East envoy Steve Witkoff during their meeting that Israel accepts the Qatari proposal.

The Israeli official informed Witkoff that Israel is ready to start indirect talks with Hamas to finalize the deal.