
Mystery Surrounds "Netanyahu's Alternatives" After Israeli Delegation Withdraws from Gaza Negotiations
SadaNews - Israeli media outlets reported that security sources are uncertain about what Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu - who is wanted by the International Criminal Court for war crimes in Gaza - means by speaking of alternatives for the return of hostages, following the withdrawal of the American and Israeli delegations from the ceasefire negotiations in Gaza.
Security sources told Channel 12 in Israel that they do not understand what Netanyahu means by alternatives for recovering hostages.
They added that the Chief of the General Staff has clarified that there are only two options: either to receive orders for complete control over Gaza, which entails risks to the lives of the hostages, or to maintain the current situation in the hope it puts pressure on Hamas, according to the Israeli channel.
In the same context, Axios reported a senior Israeli official stating that the nature of the alternatives for recovering hostages from Gaza is unclear. The official emphasized the necessity of creating a crisis to break the deadlock in negotiations, but noted it is not in Israel's interest to have a complete collapse of the talks.
Netanyahu said yesterday, Friday, that his government is considering alternative options for recovering hostages in cooperation with the Americans, indicating that what he refers to as alternative options aims to return the hostages, end Hamas's rule, and guarantee lasting peace for Israel and the region.
Commenting on Netanyahu's statements, Israeli National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir said that the optimal way to recover hostages and "achieve victory" entails a complete halt to humanitarian aid and full occupation of the Gaza Strip, alongside the complete destruction of Hamas and encouragement of immigration and settlement, demanding that Netanyahu give the orders.
For his part, Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich addressed Netanyahu, saying that "the humiliating negotiating ceremonies with terrorists are over, and it is time to achieve victory," as he described it.
Israel and the United States withdrew their delegations from the ceasefire negotiations in Qatar on Thursday evening, shortly after Hamas presented its response to the ceasefire proposal.
Initially, sources reported that the withdrawal of the Israeli delegation was solely for consultation and did not necessarily mean that the negotiations had reached an impasse.
However, statements made by Netanyahu later indicated that the Israeli position had hardened overnight.
American envoy Steve Witkoff held Hamas responsible for the deadlock in negotiations, with Netanyahu affirming that Witkoff is "correct."
A Dirty Game
In contrast, Hamas leader Bassem Naeem commented via Facebook that the talks were constructive, but criticized Witkoff's statements, describing them as an attempt to exert pressure on behalf of Israel.
Naeem added, "What we have presented, with full awareness of the complexities of the situation, is believed to lead to a deal, (if) the enemy has the will for it, and it can build on a permanent ceasefire and the complete withdrawal of enemy forces, and now the ball is in the court of the Zionist enemy and its supporters to end this dirty game."
The Qatari Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that Qatar and Egypt are continuing their diligent efforts in the mediation file in Gaza, aiming to reach an agreement that puts an end to the war, alleviates the humanitarian suffering in the Strip, ensures civilian protection, and facilitates the exchange of detainees and hostages, while other sources indicated that the negotiations have not collapsed.
The Qatari Foreign Ministry stated in a statement that the two countries indicated some progress had been made in the recent round of intense negotiations that lasted three weeks, and affirmed that the suspension of negotiations for consultations before resuming dialogue is a normal occurrence in the context of these complex negotiations.
The two countries - according to the statement - called for not succumbing to rumors circulated by some media in attempts to downplay these efforts and affect the course of the negotiation process, emphasizing that these leaks do not reflect reality and come from parties uninformed about the progress of negotiations.
On another note, the Israeli Families of Hostages Committee called on the public to join them in a march this evening to demand the return of the kidnapped.
The committee stated that the march would be organized in central Tel Aviv, moving towards the U.S. Embassy to intensify pressure on Netanyahu's government to finalize a prisoner exchange deal with Hamas.

The Arab-Islamic Ministerial Committee on Gaza Expresses Regret Over the U.S. Decision Not...

Exclusive: Anticipated New Appointments in the Palestinian Diplomatic Corps

A special source for "SadaNews" denies the rumors about the appointment of an internationa...

Reports: Israel Attempted to Assassinate Abu Ubaida

Families of Israeli Captives: Netanyahu is Deceiving His People and Occupying Gaza will be...

The EU urges Washington to reconsider the visa ban on Abbas and Palestinian officials

Postponement of the Start Date for the Academic Year to Monday 8/9, Excluding Schools in J...
